[lbo-talk] [OFF] Immanuel Kant: An Erotic Life

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Feb 12 08:45:14 PST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2010, at 12:04 AM, martin wrote:
>
>> And it did a much better job than I do reading CC's typos. When I
>> figured out the 'few mouse clicks' I was surprised to hear what
>> sounded like Doug Henwood's voice reading the text - I thought
>> 'that's probably why he liked it!'
>
> Which voice? The default is "Alex." Does he sound like me?

I didn't change the voice - when I looked for a 'voice' pref I didn't find it. So I guess I used the default voice for Mail.app.

After I found the 'help' for reading mail, I put the cursor in the content and chose 'start speaking', and Alex, I presume, began reading "Doug Henwood wrote on Feb eleventh twenty ten ..." I thought that it sounded like your voice, so much that I was surprised when it didn't change to Carrol's voice when it came to his part of the post.

There are a lot of voices that are a problem for me because of some hearing loss, so I'm always pleased when I encounter a voice that's clear and articulate. Yours has always been clear for me.

martin