[lbo-talk] [OFF] Immanuel Kant: An Erotic Life

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 12 10:23:18 PST 2010

At 09:55 AM 2/12/2010, SA wrote:

>>I thought that it sounded like your voice, so much that I was
>>surprised when it didn't change to Carrol's voice when it came to
>>his part of the post.
>
>That would be a great application. It would really put the "Talk"
>into Lbo-Talk. Shag, could you whip this up?

What I like about online communication is it's a combination of writing and talking. If one trumped the other I don't know if I'd be as interested.

Carrol wrote:

>So the core of my argument, I guess, is that before the left
>perspective can _reach_ a larger audience there must first be public
>activity that draws people to events where they can hear the
>materialpresented.

As far as non-textual communication goes might not music and movies be even more important than talking. Michael Pollak mentioned the impact of Pete Seeger earlier. What would the sixties have been without the music (even though a whole lot of it hasn't aged well)?

If it's just talking I don't know. Amy Goodman and Noam Chomsky droning on with no interruption doesn't do the trick I don't think.