[lbo-talk] demotic cuisine

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 12 10:50:29 PST 2010

At 10:27 AM 2/12/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

> > I think when asked questions like "what will you do with the
> > murderers" by someone who might really think the left stands for
> > lunatics running the asylum, then we should have some kind of answer.
> >

>Why? The probability is that anyone asking such a question is not going
>to be influenced by your answer, and those who might be influenced by
>your answer don't need it.

I picked a lousy illustration.

I wasn't talking about reaching people, I was talking about if you have an idea you want to see things set up and run differently, then you should have an idea about how you would handle very basic things like criminal justice.

>And does anyone seriously believe that the proposition "Thou shalt not
>kill" has ever changed anyone's behavior.

Again, I'm saying we should have an idea about what to do when it does happen.