[lbo-talk] demotic cuisine

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 12 11:31:22 PST 2010

At 11:21 AM 2/12/2010, Eric Beck wrote:

>Why? Anyone who inquires about criminal justice is most likely asking
>a scurrilous question.

Like I said, I gave a lousy illustration. I meant it's something we should think about.

>It seems to me that if you are talking about
>leftist political projects, you should put forward programs that
>address liberation, not imprisonment and control.

You're illustrating what I'm talking about. Criminal justice should be about more than imprisonment and control.

I think many on the left like to sweep under the rug the fact that even if programs addressing liberation were to be successful, you'd still have to deal with how people are going to live together. And that entails, in part, deciding how others should conduct themselves.