[lbo-talk] Obama on Dimon

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 13 17:04:52 PST 2010

From Obama's Business Week interview, talking about Jamie Dimon's 17 million:

Obama: Listen. $17 million is an extraordinary amount of money. Of course, there are some baseball players who are making more than that and don’t get to the World Series either, so I am shocked by that as well.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_08/b4167032896448.htm

Here's another reason this is a horseshit analogy. Here's a list of the only four players who in 2007 got over the 17 million Dimon got. They've all been to the World Series multiple times. What shocks me about these numbers is that Jason Giambi got more than Derek Jeter.

Alex Rodriguez New York Yankees $ 26,000,000

Jason Giambi New York Yankees $ 23,428,571

Derek Jeter New York Yankees $ 21,600,000

Manny Ramírez Boston Red Sox $ 17,016,381