[lbo-talk] "[N]early 70 percent of New Yorkers have heard their neighbors having sex"

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Feb 14 12:13:16 PST 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> Yeah, but this says "heard." You've heard it more often than that for
>> sure, no?
>
> Actually, no. The apartment I lived in for almost all those years was very
> soundproof.

Mine too. But when someone sets up a wobbly bed above your head, or places their headboard one inch from the wall, the walls that normally keep out the sound become the speakers of the telltale rhythmic thumping.

Mind you, it's more funny than salacious. There's a big difference between thumpthumpthumpThumpThumpThumpTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP THUMP THUMP and the orgasmic sountrack from Donna Summers' "Love to Love You Baby."

Michael