[lbo-talk] Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:34:32 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just started watching a bit of this and I want to know why I wasn't
> informed of its existence sooner?  Perry Anderson name-dropped it in the
> last *New Left Review* as "possibly the greatest documentary of all time,"
> so I felt compelled to check it out.  After my next batch of midterms I plan
> on finishing all 556 minutes of it.  Anyone watch it?  Youtube here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO4W3KfXrGk

There was a long piece about it in New Left Review 31, Jan-Feb 2005, by Lu Xinyu.

I've kept an eye out for it ever since but as far as day-length documentaries go the local stores drew the line at the Sorrow and the Pity. I'd love to see it but I don't know about doing it in ten minute YouTube chunks.

Mike