[lbo-talk] who are the Teabaggers?

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:38:31 PST 2010

The time when a-political middle-class kids went to college and left transformed as liberals died 40-50 years ago. I would guess (and no, I have no evidence to back this up, thank you) that now it is right-centrist kids coming out as libertarians. And damn yes, the college they go to has an enormous influence on their political position after college - not necessarily through a designed attempt to influence the young, but through the impact of the faculty makeup - primarily centrist bourgeois cowed by the culture (a McCarthyism absorbed in uterus).

- Bill