[lbo-talk] who are the Teabaggers?

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Feb 17 17:38:19 PST 2010

"The time when a-political middle-class kids went to college and left transformed as liberals died 40-50 years ago. I would guess (and no, I have no evidence to back this up, thank you) that now it is right-centrist kids coming out as libertarians. And damn yes, the college they go to has an enormous influence on their political position after college - not necessarily through a designed attempt to influence the young, but through the impact of the faculty makeup - primarily centrist bourgeois cowed by the culture (a McCarthyism absorbed in uterus)."

Kind of depends on what kind of college they go to. Ivy or U.C. or the like, probably. My son went to SF state and came home swearing all his teachers were Marxists. Equally lacking in evidence, but looking at curriculum and stuff, I would guess the state colleges are much more left leaning.

Joanna