[lbo-talk] Radio Schizo

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 18:51:35 PST 2010

[Radio Schizo kinda-sorta has a special relationship with LBO; the first time 5 years ago me and my ex-gf tried it as a streaming web show, Doug dutifully attempted to burn it to CD from afar to mail it to us so we could see how the quality came across from afar, etc. Anyway, it's back, and this one below is a more political edition or else I wouldn't post it here; of special interest here for many might be the mid-70s proto-punk, all African-American (!) Detroit (!!) band DEATH, sort of like the missing link between MC5 and Bad Brains: <http://www.myspace.com/deathprotopunk> They made some amazing, recently re-discovered demos, etc., that tie The Stooges, MC5, et. al. to Bad Brains and the genesis of punk. Burnt Cross are also probably the best left-anarcho political punk bands around today; in fact, they're one of the best bands around today, period. -B.]

http://www.radioschizo.com

=============

-:RADIO SCHIZO 66: Week of February 14 - 20 (track list below):-

Download this entire 66 min. show as a 38 megabyte mp3 here: http://bit.ly/d86xgM

"Religion doesn't mean a thing / It's just another way of being right-wing / I think sex films are okay / I don't dig that Pope, no way."

- The Damned, "Anti-Pope"

"Being treated like a slave doesn't even piss you off / They've got you by the balls, but you just turn your head and cough."

- The Pist, "Black and Blue Collar"

RADIO SCHIZO 66 TRACKLIST:

1. BURNT CROSS - Governed by Fools (2009/2010) 2. OI POLLOI - Fuck Everybody Who Voted Tory 3. OI POLLOI - It Doesn't Have to Be Like This 4. KILLING JOKE - Another Bloody Election

5. THE DAMNED - Anti-Pope (alternative/rare/outtake/faster version) 6. JELLO BIAFRA & THE GUANTANAMO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Clean as a Thistle (2009)

7. PIST - Black and Blue Collar 8. WORLD BURNS TO DEATH - Triumph of Evil (2005) 9. MORNE - Machine (2010) 10. SIGNAL LOST - Dasein (2004) 11. HJERTETSTOP (Denmark) - Ind I Lengren 12. DEATH (the ca. 1974 Detroit proto-punk band) - Politicians in My Eyes

13. DARKTHRONE (Norway) - Eyes Burst at Dawn (2010) 14. BASTARD (Japan) - Misery 15. ARCTIC FLOWERS - Technicolor Haze 16. MODERN CREATURES - Time to Go 17. SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES - Monitor