[lbo-talk] NYT: Party Gridlock in Washington Feeds Fear of a DebtCrisis

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 18:56:59 PST 2010

Marvin, my view of Fascism is the standard one. You are are confusing a cause (battling left-wing movements) with an effect (fascism). "Fascism," contraty to your ideological fantasies, means what Fascists meant it means, not what the Soviets and Trotsky wanted it to mean.

The fact of the matter is that the right-wing movements around in the US are ideologically antithetical to fascism, in the sense in which it actually existed as a real movement with a real ideology with real people.

----- Original Message ---- From: Marv Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> I read some Gentile, spelled with one L, way back when.

I'm sure Gramsci read them all in the original Italian, and would contest your view that fascism, including it's Italian incarnation, wasn't a right-wing movement formed to battle Communists and other leftists in the streets in the aftermath of the Russian Revolution.

Anyway, I'll let others indulge your eccentric views on fascism.