[lbo-talk] Take that, IRS!

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 05:16:22 PST 2010

On 2/19/10, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> It´s not that software engineers and engineers in general are "more capable"
> than U.S. ones, they are FAR CHEAPER than U.S. ones. The rest doesn´t
> matter.
>
> They say "for the price of one U.S: engineer, I can have four engineers in
> (India, China, Argentina, for that matter).

A data point: I'm in China. One of the waitresses in a favorite coffee shop was a computer engineering student at a decent but not top tier university. On graduation, she got an offer of 3000 rmb/month to start in a quality control job at Samsung.

She considered that a good offer. It required relocating to a nearby city. Boyfriend did not want her to take it, wanted her to stay, but she figured it was too good to pass up. The lad was making less; let him move if he likes.

xe.com says 3000 rmb is $439.20 today. It was a little more a couple of years back when this happened.

> If the things those overseas engineers suck, or need 4x more people, they
> add more cheap engineers.
>
> People with MBAs haven´t read
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

Shouldn't that be required reading for any business degree?