[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:11:21 PST 2010

CB:

>Big "parasitic" banks and multinational corporations bad.

>Small "productive" industry, police and state power good.

JG:

There's a variety of "left"-wing populist who says "big 'parasitic' banks and MNC's bad, small 'productive' industry good," if not "police and state power good." And they do so in a way that does NOT regard the big banks and MNC's as phenomenal expressions of capital accumulation, but as sui generis evils. This species is far

more numerous than the out-and-out, self-avowed "fascist," and

might lend discursive credibility if not organizational support to the

paleo-libertarian right. At the same time, left-wing populists DO have a legitimate beef, if not well-conceived critique, of neo-liberals firmly ensconced in the DP firmament, beholden to and carrying water for Wall Street. How to thread this needle? With no answer, there's zero hope.

(See previous post I wrote if you haven't already)...

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/