[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 19 14:59:56 PST 2010

On Feb 19, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Chip Berlet wrote:

> See the online work of Sara Robinson & Dave Neiwert, especially
> Robinson's citing of Paxton in:
>
> Campaign for America's Future / By Sara Robinson
> COMMENTS: 1006
> Is the U.S. on the Brink of Fascism?
> There are dangerous currents running through America's politics and
> the
> way we confront them is crucial.
>
> http://www.alternet.org/news/141819

Where we read:

"That description sounds eerily like the dire straits our Congressional Republicans find themselves in right now. Though the GOP has been humiliated, rejected, and reduced to rump status by a series of epic national catastrophes mostly of its own making, its leadership can't even imagine governing cooperatively with the newly mobilized and ascendant Democrats. "

Ooops.