[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 19 20:08:21 PST 2010

At 07:08 PM 2/19/2010, Marv Gandall wrote:

>you've also urged on us an overheated article to by your colleague,
>Sara Robinson,

This is my favorite part:

"... the small handful of us who'd made ourselves experts on right-wing culture and politics would hear once again from worried readers: Is this it? Have we finally become a fascist state? Are we there yet?

And every time this question got asked, people like Chip Berlet and Dave Neiwert and Fred Clarkson and yours truly would look up from our maps like a parent on a long drive, and smile a wan smile of reassurance. "Wellll...we're on a bad road, and if we don't change course, we could end up there soon enough. But there's also still plenty of time and opportunity to turn back. Watch, but don't worry."

Bite me mommy.