[lbo-talk] Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 18:22:39 PST 2010

My overall impression about the TP "movement" is that it is a largely top-down manufactured populist movement that is used by the standing parties to justify further moves to the right as responses to popular pressures.

I have not seen a single interview or any coverage of actual TPers that makes me think these people have a clue or that they could organize their way out of a paper bag. The media attention lavished on them is completely out of proportion with their actual numbers or actual influence.

If anyone out there has evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested ...

Joanna