[lbo-talk] Ukraine, was Re: Fascism, right-wing populism, and contemporary research +++

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 04:14:06 PST 2010

By the way, I have a theory that I would love to get some data to confirm that a major role in Yushchenko's politics was played by the Ukrainian diaspora in Canada and the US. The Ukrainian Diaspora is almost entirely from Galicia and tends to be hypernationalist in the same way as for instance the Irish Diaspora in the US is (way more nationalist than people who actually live in Ireland, romanticisinf and funding the IRA and so forth).

----- Original Message ---- ----- Original Message ---- From: James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>

Well, in this part of the Anglosphere, they have just shut up about it. Most coverage is along the lines of 'ironically, now it is Moscow's favourite who is doing better' - but explanations as to the turnaround are non-existent, and still less so what the basis is for Moscow's and the EUs preferences. I see the election monitors all gave the result a clean bill of health. What is your take on it? ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk