[lbo-talk] questions for the fascist-watchers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 21 12:09:25 PST 2010

On Feb 21, 2010, at 3:21 AM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> But whenever crowds on the left start to get excited about even
> mildly crazy TP-type stuff -- "corporate personhood" or "moving
> money" to take two recent and exceedingly mild examples -- you and
> Doug -- the two guys who seem most to yearn that we could have
> something like the right has -- are first in line to hose them down.

It's essentially right-wing populist nonsense that will accomplish nothing.

Why not a mass movement for single-payer, free college tuition, and/or a higher minimum wage? These are completely sane things with enormous potential appeal. If the labor movement weren't so fucking braindead, such a movement could actually have some financial and human resources.