[lbo-talk] Cockburn cut back at Nation

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 21 12:55:58 PST 2010

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Serious question: Did the Nation gush over JFK and LBJ the way they did
> Clinton and do Obama? Did they endorse Humphrey in '68? I'm sure they backed
> McGovern, for good reason, given the times. But has the Nation always been
> soft on the Dems, however "critically"?

Not over Kennedy & Johnson. For one of them, I think Kennedy, they had a slogan something like "Two cheers for Kennedy" or something.

Up through 1964 I was a solid Democrat, & I remember beig angry with the Nation for their lukewarm support of Kennedy. My memory is pretty vague on details though.

Carrol