[lbo-talk] The Nation and brain death

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 00:43:08 PST 2010

Bhaskar Sunkara writes about a 'peculiar brand of "liberal radicalism" unique to the United States. Specifically, I mean Michael Moore, Naomi Klein, and even Gore Vidal in his prime, Alexander Cockburn, et all (not sure if Cockburn belongs).'

And wouldn't you go back to I.F. Stone, Lillian Hellman, and a couple more expatriate Brits, Christopher Hitchens (he wasn't always a neo-con) and Jessice Mitford?

Bhaskar: 'Naomi Klein thinks the left's history in the 1930s was a tremendous success' I assumed that Klein's background was the Communist Party - am I wrong?