[lbo-talk] Althusser, NLR and the meaning of 'Stalinism'

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 06:26:38 PST 2010

You say yourself here that the reasons he may have made the propositions don't affect whether they are true or not.

----- Original Message ---- From: James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>

I don't agree. I would accept his own behaviour could not stand in for an argument against his various propositions. But there is indeed a relationship between his supine toadying to the officials of the PCF, and his social theory, whose essential component is the evacuation of subjectivity from history, and on top of that, a tedious attempt to construct a theory of society as a 'process without a subject'.