[lbo-talk] Althusser, NLR and the meaning of 'Stalinism'

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 12:02:00 PST 2010

It is a shabby defence of Althusser to cherry pick his writings to cite only those you agree with and ignore those you don't. I could say just as well that 'The Future Lasts a long Time' is a rare moment of lucidity after years of obscurantism.

'Only Hélène asked me what the hell I was doing in a Party which betrayed the working class in '68 and she was quite right,' Louis Althusser, The Future Lasts a Long Time, p254