[lbo-talk] Jobless future?

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Tue Feb 23 05:21:04 PST 2010

Bryan Atinsky wrote:
> Sandy Harris wrote:
>> Sometimes, though, it is true. I was in the UK a few years back
>> at a time when there was much moaning about unemployment.
>>
>> Talked to an Aussie lass who'd been in the country two weeks
>> and had three part-time jobs. Granted, they were all badly
>> paid & hard work, but she was making enough to live in some
>> comfort & save for a summer in Greece.
>>
> Sounds like she should have been grateful then.
>
> The nerve of some people not to be satisfied with three part-time,
> badly paid and hard work jobs.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. But actually, the point still stands.

I hear this argument in Israel all the time. The unemployed are just spoiled, foreign workers and Palestinians do long hours of menial labor for low pay and yet are happy to have the job and even send monies back to their families and all the unemployed Israelis are expecting high paying cushy jobs, so they instead leach off the system and complain.