[lbo-talk] predicting a republican blowout in 2010

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Feb 23 09:58:22 PST 2010

On Tue, February 23, 2010 5:00 am, Andy wrote:

> I forever envy your cheeriness.

As a friend of mine likes to say, it's not that I'm optimistic, it's just that I'm so broke I can't afford to be depressed.

More seriously, there *is* tremendous popular anger building in the US these days -- the return of the Rethugs doesn't mean a generalized Rightwing resurgence. It's just that the 35-year neoliberal credit bubble which used to paper over political dissent in this country is gone. Here's one of the leading indicators:

-- DRR