[lbo-talk] predicting a republican blowout in 2010

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 23 16:04:32 PST 2010

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, SA wrote:
>
> > I've long thought that when the time was right, the left/progressives
> > should start a party within the the Democratic Party.
>
> And what would make some other time righter than now?

When a movement of movements has emerged in enough localities that local organizers and activists are demanding that some such entity be created.

But on the whole when local organzers get that excited with what they are doing and notice that other loal organizers elsewhee are that successful, my prediction is that for the most part they would sneer silently and gon about their business rather than waste time with the DP. The DP and or a "new party" is only popular in periods when there is no way to create one. As soon as the unrest arises whch would allow the creation of some such entity the people who might created it have other more useful things to do.

But if you think differently, form a few local groups and put out a call for a natioanl converence.

Carrol