[lbo-talk] Thomas Friedman's house

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Feb 24 05:03:11 PST 2010

Who can forget Abe Rosenthal? He was one truly awful columnist. Indeed, I think he must have been one of the worst columnists to ever grace the op-ed pages of a major American newspaper. He almost made Thomas Friedman look good. Almost, but not quite. Friedman is certainly one awful columnist in his own right. In some perverse way, it's almost gladdening to see the NY Times carry on in the Abe Rosenthal tradition of awfulness.

Jim F. http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Thomas Friedman's house Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:07:38 -0500

On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Left-Wing Wacko wrote:

>> Q: Why is Barack Obama like Thomas Friedman?
>> A: Both are almost as awful as the clowns they replaced.
>>

> Who did Friedman replace?

A.M. Rosenthal

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)