[lbo-talk] ciao, unions

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:17:16 PST 2010

I tell my students all the time that the problem isn't that folks in other areas and other countries work for less than we do, the problem is that people here haven't fought with people there to garner the people there the wages, benefits, regulations and (what was once a certain amount of) power folks here have/had. I take it that your point runs parallel to the above: unions should have fought the Cadillac Tax on the basis that everyone should have Cadillac medical care rather than those with it being made to pay so that others could have lousy insurance and Yugo care.