[lbo-talk] predicting a republican blowout in 2010

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Feb 24 17:24:38 PST 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Alan Rudy wrote:

>> Yeah, this was cool to learn ... however, I'm not sure it says that the
>> long term ruckus over taxation w/o representation had no bearing on the
>> event...

Agreed -- although it later occurred to me that today's Republicans, and especially the eponymous Tea Party, have basically jettisoned "w/o representation" part and simplified it to "No taxes" as in "Ever! Period!" In which case it seems uncannily appropriate to see them as the direct descendants of the smuggler POV rather than the principled one.

Michael