[lbo-talk] ciao, unions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 25 07:16:37 PST 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 9:46 PM, Eric Beck wrote:
>
> > Out of curiosity, and not speaking just to Joanna, but when people on
> > this list talk about "the working class," do they include themselves
> > in it?
>
> I'm not. I'm a member of the hated petite bourgeoisie.

Poor vision sometimes creates amusing text. I read this fis as "hard pressed bourgeoisie," then converted for split second in my head to ""hard pressed petty bourgeoisie," looked again, & finally got "hated" rather than hard.

Much of the petty bourgoisie is, I qouls imagine, "hard pressed." But why do you use the epithet "hated"?

Carrol