[lbo-talk] Responsibilities

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 05:16:33 PST 2010

Doug wrote:
>The Dems get a lot of mileage out of subtle differences
>which are amplified in the minds of their supporters. The mechanisms
>of that differentiation are one of the crucial elements of the U.S.
>political system.

Are they really all that different on 'economic' issues? Not to fall into the econ v. politics trap, but I am not sure that I buy all that class fractions lead to specific policies by the two representatives of the fractions argument. It does appear though that the Dems are truly 'progressive' in terms of pushing for the furthering of capital accumulation while the Reps are kind of a bit more status quo pro-capital. Although, maybe not.

Brad