[lbo-talk] Responsibilities

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:10:09 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Ted Winslow <egwinslow at rogers.com> wrote:

How can this idea of "capitalists" as the embodiment of demonic genius be
> made consistent with the irrationality at work in the development of
> financial derivative markets over the last 40 years, the irrationality
> "responsible" for the most recent financial crisis?

You're talking to a guy who once reproached me, "People save their money; they DO NOT INVEST IT. The capitalists invest it." In Coxland, capitalists are exactly "the embodiment of demonic genius" because the machines have already taken over and we're secretly living in the Terminator film franchise, only without the explosions. Or perhaps David Icke is right, and the capitalists are all reptilian members of the Babylonian Brotherhood. But at any rate, you can be sure they're nothing like us.