[lbo-talk] Responsibilities

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 10:36:28 PST 2010

It could be that even pinko-commie Edwards was too far to the right to excite many potential voters (such as myself)? And if Obama really represents overwhelming democratic sentiment where is the enthusiasm? How come he barely scraped ahead of bona fide lunatic John McCaine in the election? I think this perplexity is an artifact resulting from conflating the Democratic Party with a legitimate leftist party. As soon as conventional assumptions about the RP being right and conservative and the DP being left and progressive are dropped the whole world of US politics becomes a whole lot clearer.

Peter Ward pontificatingwithoutalicense.wordpress.com

_________________________________________________________________ Tell us your greatest, weirdest and funniest Hotmail stories http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/