[lbo-talk] Van Jones, in comeback, courts GOP, becomes colleague of MHL

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 28 18:50:00 PST 2010

<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33654.html>

Van Jones returns, sends Glenn Beck love By DIANNA HEITZ | 2/28/10 4:33 PM EST

His return to the public stage began Wednesday, when the founder of the advocacy group Green for All was named a senior fellow at the Green Opportunity Initiative at the progressive Center for American Progress, and separately appointed as a fellow at Princeton University, teaching environmental and economic policy.

Jones also took to the airwaves, visiting with some prominent African- American commentators to promote his green agenda.

His message: Republicans – who called for his head just six months ago and who, before accepting his White House job – could work with Democrats to promote a green jobs initiative.

"Conservatives should be really happy because we're talking about enterprise," Jones told Roland Martin of his green plans Sunday on TV One's "Washington Watch."

In an unexpected outpouring, Jones gave props to Beck at the NAACP Image Awards on Friday, delivering a message to his “fellow countryman” while accepting the President’s Award for his work on green initiatives.

“I see you, and I love you, brother. I love you and you cannot do anything about it. I love you and you cannot do anything about it,” Jones said. “Let’s be one country. Let’s be one country. Let’s get the job done.”

(Beck returned the love shot on Twitter: “I love you too,Glad to all live in one country.Will it be the founders country or the one you pushed when with storm?”)