[lbo-talk] HNY

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Jan 1 00:30:08 PST 2010

Ivan Joseph Henwood's fourth birthday is tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint Jim Farmelant, but he doesn't have a Nation col yet.

Doug

Happy birthday Ivan. Happy parenthood Doug and Liza.

I was just up to see the grand kids. Ethan is Ivan's age only two months younger. I was playing with him on the floor, his natural medium. It took awhile to warm up to the old nasty smelling ogre.It's amazing At another point in the evening, while watching Disney's Jack and the Bean Stock, Ethan turned to me, my son and daughter in law heatedly discussing the terrible world of Obama care and said, ``Would you please quiet down, I can't hear the movie.`` Where have I heard that before?

I told the fastidious Miss Emily to turn up the volume so her brother could hear. At six going on 6 to the n + 1, she immediately lurched at the button several times with great feminine drama. I think the series in this equation is the Mexican exponent always one up on the Anglo. We had the tamales dinner. Where were the pinatas and beer?

To watch these character parts played out to soap opera proportion was a Brecht comedy.

CG