[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jan 1 19:25:03 PST 2010

On Fri, January 1, 2010 4:57 pm, Bryan Atinsky quoted from the relatives:

> "That is right, you are not a liberal, you are a communist. For some
> reason it is more important to you to have social equality than justice
> and human rights.

Oh, this is par for the course in the US. What passes for mass political thinking here is a kind of imperial libertarianism. Most Americans are still punchdrunk on the fumes of a vanished 25-year credit bubble, unable to believe that their Empire is disintegrating or that they owe the BRICs 4 trillion EUR.

The waking-up process is going to be painful, but it is starting to happen.

-- DRR