[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 19:44:41 PST 2010

Adolescents will always like Rand because that's precisely the level of her thought.

When I was an adolescent I liked Rand because she

1) freed me from the guilt I felt toward my parents for supporting my sorry ass 2) said it was ok for women to enjoy sex

When I got older, I was able to see the silliness of it all.

I wouldn't worry. For a people with next to no understanding of history, she is a perfect ideologue. Everybody outgrows it or sinks into its idiotic navel gazing.

Joanna