[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 13:45:00 PST 2010

I would just point out that Randianism is a "too good to be true" religion. It basically holds that I get to do whatever I want, and everybody else will do whatever they want, and things will work out best in the long run for everyone. You don't have to give up anything.

Any worldview that says you don't have to give up anything is 99% likely to be bullshit. People believe it because they want to believe it because they can't handle the notion of self-denial, which is necessary in the real world.

(Don't they know that China and Russia are both capitalist countries?)

----- Original Message ---- From: Bryan Atinsky <bryan at alt-info.org> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sat, January 2, 2010 7:13:41 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Yah, I told them that their love of Rand was a pubescent phase. They didn't take too kindly to that...

Who'da thunk?

Bryan