[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Jan 2 15:24:06 PST 2010

On Jan 2, 2010, at 5:58 PM, ken hanly wrote:

> Rand was a great admirer of Aristotle. Often her philosophy is
> characterised as a form of Aristotelianism...

Rand an "Aristotelian?" The only thing that she got from Aristotle is the notion(?) "A=A", on which she erected her farrago "For the New Intellectual." Her "Aristotle" is just a stinkbomb to be hurled at the most evil figure in history, that arch-collectivist Plato. In this she quite inverts her mirror image, Lyndon Larouch, for whom "Plato" is the icon guaranteeing the profound wisdom of Larouch while Aristotle is among the founders of that supremely evil conspiracy whose contemporary archon is--the Queen of England.

Shane Mage