[lbo-talk] Obama killing Pakistani civilians at 8 times Bush's rate

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:16:10 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Chris Doss wrote:
> I did not say the US was an innocent dupe. What I am saying is that the US is now a tool of intertribal and interethnic conflict, which preexisted the US' presence.

If it walks like a dupe, talks like a dupe, flies like a dupe... How innocent is it really?

BTW - "Oh come on, you know that Iraqis and Afghans only matter insofar as they relate to attacking Obama in some way. :)"

That's a very 1st-worldish thing to say. I have no awareness of such motives and neither do you that you can prove. We'd both have better luck proving that butterflies can be captured with nets.

Would you care to speculate on the motives of those who capture and kill butterflies for something as redundant and useless as a bug collection - whether it is for a biology class or not? Can you draw a firm parallel to the "attack Obama in some way" crowd? They're led by Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O'Reilly aren't they?