[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:54:28 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM, farmelantj at juno.com <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> Chris Sciabarra, some years ago,
> wrote an interesting book on
> Ayn Rand, titled, *Ayn Rand:
> The Russian Radical*, which seeks
> to trace out the Russian intellectual
> and cultural roots of Rand's thought.
> He sees much of her thinking as
> rooted in the culture of Russia's
> Silver Age, which followed the
> failed revolution of 1905.  During
> that period, Nietzsche became very
> popular among Russian intellectuals
> and artists.

And it´s surely a coincidence that one of the so-called "philosophers"** which advises Buenos Aires´ right wing* myjor *** (a Latin American version of London´s "self-made man" Boris Johnson), is a fan of Nietzche ?. I think not. Coincidentally, the local mayor is also a "Fan" of Rand.

So, I conclude that Rand, Nietzche, are the weapons of choice used in the fight against government economics intervention and those advocating the "small government" utopia.

FC * Right wing -of the Laizes Faire kind-, Reaganomics-style ** http://www.argentinepost.com/2008/08/alejandro-rozitchner-enthusiasm.html *** Tycoon elected Buenos Aires Mayor http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6230522.stm