[lbo-talk] Bill Gross fulminates

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:33:28 PST 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > That leaves 4% of the population oppose state olicy from a leftists
> > perspective.
>
> My guess is that it's better than that - more like 10%, or even
> higher. The constituency for a broadly social democratic, anti-
> imperial agenda is probably closer to 20%.

That's my guess also -- but I wanted to ground my argument in a super-conservative estimate. If your and my guesses/estimates are accurate, the field of potentiality is of serious significance. But only of potential, the realization of which depends _partly_ on what vrious left tendencies do, party on conditons/contingencies beyond our control or prediction.

Carrol