[lbo-talk] My Ayn Randian, libertarian loving relatives....argh... !!!

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:57:03 PST 2010

Doug Henwood

On Jan 6, 2010, at 10:00 PM, Bryan Atinsky wrote:

> Interesting, Yaron Brook the head of the Ayn Rand Institute is an
> Israeli, could that help to explain the Randy lovers of Zion?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaron_Brook
>
> http://blog.aynrandcenter.org/the-u-n-goldstone-report-and-just-war/
> Where he argues that Israel (and the US) should get rid of any
> notion of constraint and proportionate response...worry about
> civilians in a war theater and such)

Yup. I'm on the list for their idiotic press releases (I forward them to the list sometimes), and after a particularly bellicose one I asked why they hate the state but love state violence. It's because state violence promotes "liberty," of course.

^^^^^ CB: Wow, that's pretty straight up fascist. Promotes liberty of life from the body ?