[lbo-talk] Avatar: The Exquisite Horror of The Strange Stranger

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:21:59 PST 2010

DC says:

>Everybody has a cell phone with a camera.

JG:

WNISK (When Not In South Korea), I don't. I don't even have a mobile gizmo

or a landline for that matter. Nothing is done on the fly; everything has to be

planned in advance via a domicile-rooted desktop with a modem and router.

Now THAT's techno-primitivism (as opposed to Luddism). I'm doing my best to

preserve the nearly obsolete high bourgeois spatial split between public and private,

under hyper-modern conditions and with hyper-modern concessions. That’s all discarded

WISK, however.

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/