[lbo-talk] Chris Floyd on the CIA, Obama, and the attack on CIA Afghan base.

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:06:28 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bloody 'ell, the paranoia level here has reached phantasmagoric levels. The CIA never (probably) trained Bin Laden (what a weird notion -- the CIA knows more about guerilla fighting in Afghanistan than people who live in the Pashtun hills, or more about security than the Saudis? What are they going to train him to do?

Why do you assume CIA training was about guerrilla fighting? It might have been about communications, info security, SIGINT, any other kind of training that spies get.

- Counter-Intelligence (CI) Issues - Information Assurance (IA) Issues - Security Issues - Denial and Deception, and so on...

Or bloody hell, perhaps they just got him through some basic training he didnt need, just to establish links or stronger bonds with key CIA operatives. You don´t know, I don´t know. Until then, I trust what Hazhir Teimourian said.

Does this mean they Osama walked through Langley's main entrance or any of the Agency's training camps? no...

See:

Obama administration looks in College for future CIA spies http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/19/AR2009061903501.html

^I could also follow your line of thought and say "hey, what a stupid idea, the paranoia level has reached phantasmagoric levels, what are they going to teach to college kids? guerrilla tactics? spying on their frat?" but I don' t say anything like that.

FC