[lbo-talk] cell phone hell

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:31:56 PST 2010

[WS:]

Check out these low cost alternatives: http://www.mycricket.com/ http://www.virginmobileusa.com/

In addition to lower fees they offer no contract alternatives and carrying over unused time as long as you maintain the service.

I use Virgin mobile with no contract (month to month) and I pay $21.50 per month for the service, including taxes. I buy a 200 minute package every month and that is more than I need - I have a surplus of 500 or so minutes at the moment, after using the service for about a year. I do not use mobile phone very much, but for those who do, they have different packages and plans. And you can buy a basic phone for as low as $9.95 - no long term contracts.

BTW, if you decide to go with Virgin mobile, you can mention my kickback code (IT76MQHO the last digit is a letter not a number) when you buy the service - this way both of us will get a 60 minute bonus. Not a big deal, but....

Wojtek