[lbo-talk] cell phone hell

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Jan 12 13:31:13 PST 2010

I'd take issue, in the following sense: "perfect safety" is heavily colored, including by ideology, by attitudes about different kinds of risks. Going by objective probabilities, we shouldn't care about terrorism and we should care about smoking and driving. I'd say the left or liberals have their own phobias (fear of less gun control), while the right has theirs (partial birth abortion).