[lbo-talk] Individualism and psychiatric treatment

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 18:10:41 PST 2010

400 million Chinese people are only "miserable" in Carrol's imagination, which likes to depict the world as a vale of tears. Mostly they're running around and getting married and telling jokes and live pretty much just like Carrol, except they have senses of humor and so are capable of telling jokes.

I'm sure they were way better off under Mao. Mao Thought brought so many wonders to China. ;)

Seriously, Carrol's view of the world outside the US is very... weird. It's like, Beijing isn't a sophisticated metropolis. It's a bunch of wooden hovels, and people are running around saying "Me Chinaman. Me smoke your opium, me do your laundry," instead of playing World of Warcraft on their computers and having a giant army.  I think this ties in with his paranoiac belief that the US runs the world. Them foreigners are so primitive. The US is awesome, only evil, and it controls everything, because Me Carrol Am American and White Man.

----- Original Message ---- From: "dredmond at efn.org" <dredmond at efn.org> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wed, January 13, 2010 2:47:55 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Individualism and psychiatric treatment

On Tue, January 12, 2010 12:27 pm, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Or it can mean Dennis R's happiness about the misery of some 400 million
> Chinese -- what the hell, it's a developmental state and makes everything
> for the best.

The developmental state didn't create that misery; centuries of colonialism, feudalism and imperial war did.

-- DRR