[lbo-talk] Lincoln Gordon, he dead

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 15 11:47:48 PST 2010

At 11:34 AM 1/15/2010, Chris Doss wrote:

>I might have missed the post, but I don't think Michael said
>anything about people not being racists. He talked about people
>highlighting the horrors of Leopold's Congo. Most racists haven't
>historically been in favor of genocide or horrific cruelty, or even
>really slavery a lot of the time.

I'm getting confused. People are squawking that Conrad's not a racist, or is a racist but everybody was a racist so it's silly to point it out, or that racist is not a well-defined term so shut the fuck up about it.

So just who is throwing the term around loosely?

Also, I think tying Achebe in with residue from the anti-racist thread that got going with WBM is getting off track because that's a different kettle of fish.