[lbo-talk] Texas

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:56:18 PST 2010

EB:

>This is funny in the extreme. The mechanisms of the alleged
takeover--an increase
>in measuring student achievement by test scores
and in tying teacher pay to student
>performance--are mechanisms that
Perry not only supports but that are pretty much
>the extent of his
education policy. He refused the money not because of the way

>performance would be measured but because he's in a tough primary
fight with KBH,
>and his secessionary maneuver appeals to the people
who vote in Republican primaries
>in Texas, i.e., teabaggers and other
varieties of fascists.

JG:

Without investigating the matter, I am quite confident that the hilarity is compounded by the plaints of Texas Democrats: "Yahoos and demagogues are getting in the way of our implementing Arne Duncan's outstandingly enlightened school reforms!" What a state, what a country...

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/