[lbo-talk] Lincoln Gordon, he dead

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Jan 16 07:08:16 PST 2010

Looks like this is my time to talk about authors I haven't read and movies I haven't seen. A friend pointed out this very interesting comment differentiating Avatar from Dances with Wolves, etc. It doesn't directly address the guilty-white-becomes-leader trope (which sounds like a real weakness in the film to me), but takes an entirely different tack: http://www.metafilter.com/88197/Even-better-without-special-effects#2897157

(It's white text on blue background, so I'll pop Carrol a copy under separate cover.)

Thanks,

John A

http://www.arkansawyer.com/wordpress/